Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Giving of Thanks

THANKSGIVING! What a great holiday!  Only Americans could think of that one: "let's have a holiday set aside where all we do is eat and play football one day, and then blow all of our money at the mall the next day!"  I do love Thanksgiving though.  The best part--I got to go home!  Thanks mom and dad. :)  The whole family was in Thanksgiving for turkey day and that was fantastic.  We didn't do a whole lot over the weekend but it was perfect.  We ate, slept in :), watched home videos, watched movies and got our Christmas tree!  We go to a tree lot about 45 minutes from our house and cut down our own tree!  It's super fun.  Last year, it was bitterly cold, so the moderate cold was much easier to deal with this year.  And none of Jen's fingers turned white so that was good. :)  I think we set a record on Christmas tree height this year--11 feet.  Yikes!  But it's a beauty and from what I hear it looks even more amazing all decorated.  Here's some pictures from the weekend.  Enjoy!

On Thanksgiving day, we got a little tired of waiting for the food to be ready so we decided to distract ourselves with a little bit of basketball.  Some of these may be posed....but some really aren't!
Ok, so this one is posed.  I mean...Dave's just really that good.

Style points for Dad.

I was just amazed that went in.

Points to Brian for not settling for a posed picture.  

And yay Sara!


The tree! And those big, strong men carrying it...

This picture is hysterical. I think that Sara, Jen, Dave and I might all have our eyes closed (it was sunny).  And, I just realized today that dad is holding the saw to Brian's neck.  Good one, Dad!

The big day!  Obviously, we are now on to the pie.  And sorry Dave looks so creepy...

Jen and Brian and I all flew out to Chicago together the day before Thanksgiving.  It was uneventful, as most flights are, so I thought, what the heck--let's take some pictures!

And this is Brian wearing all of our luggage tags.  Don't ask.

1 comment:

Sara Giles said...

Wow, that picture of all of us by the tree is pretty funny... defnitely not one of our better moments in front of the camera! You'll have to send me these when you get a chance.