Sunday, July 12, 2009

11c Grandma!

I'm not sure if it truly was amazing or if it was just the juxtaposition with this last week that made it feel so amazing, but I had a really great weekend. After a week of h-e double hockey sticks at boys lacrosse camp, it felt great to have a couple of days off to just play. Not to sound negative but, the only good thing that I got out of that camp is some really hysterical tanlines. Anyway, here's just a few of the reasons why this weekend rocked.

I climbed an 11c. Probably none of you have any idea what I'm talking about but an 11c is simply a rating for a rock climb--a high rating (meaning it's hard). Two of my guy friends that I climb with all of the time both gave up before the top. Also my friend Ben, thinking I couldn't do it, said he'd give me a quickdraw (a piece of equipment used in lead climbing--pictured below) if I made it up. So guess who just inherited a new piece of climbing gear?? Oh, this is also where the title of this post came from. Ben told me that next time someone tries to tell me I'm not hard core I just have to say, "11c grandma!" I'm definitely planning on using that one in the near future...

We got free chick-fil-a. Apparently Friday was dress like a cow, get free chicken day. We didn't know that but we wanted Chick-fil-A anyway. On our way into the mall, some kind strangers gave us their construction paper cow spots and we got free chicken. It was awesome.

Lacrosse camp is over. Period.

I spent a lot of time reading. For fun. Just because I wanted to. Do people still do that? I love the book I'm reading too; The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. Quality book--so far.

I ran ten miles, totally unprepared, and I'm not sore. Booyah.

So, you see? It was a great weekend. That means all these other weekends have a lot to live up to...

2 comments:

Megan said...

the only way it could have been better is??? if i was there :)

Amy Collyer said...

I read that book and I really liked it! I am glad you had an awesome weekend!