Sunday, October 18, 2009

Squash, Corn and Size 20 Tennis Shoes

So we have this little inside family joke. Nobody I've ever told it to outside of my family sees the hilarity in it. But humor me anyway. A few years ago while shopping at Macey's, my mom and siblings found a gigantic squash and decided to buy it for Jen. Just for kicks. And I mean--gigantic. Like, twenty or thirty pounds. It was hysterical. She was making things with squash for a looong time. The next year, we got her another giant squash. Don't worry, it was just as funny. Then...my mom found a gigantic plastic ear of corn, couldn't contain herself, and mailed it to Jen. So that's the history behind this blog post.

My mom works at Marshall's (which for you Utah people is a lot like TJ Maxx or Ross) and one day found a pair of size 20 tennis shoes. Twenty!! What a perfect addition to the large and useless things to give to Jen list. She bought them for five dollars, shipped them to Utah and told my brother and I to find some creative way to give them to Jen. We racked our brains and finally decided that we would just make them part of her Halloween costume and then drop it at her door. Are you ready for the final product?

Priceless. You probably have to know my sister to really appreciate this picture. But it was so fantastic. If you don't think it's funny, just focus on the shoes. They are amazingly huge. Apparently Shaq's are two sizes bigger than that. Fun fact for the day.

Another amazing news flash--I went to haunted house this weekend and enjoyed myself! I know, right? As a general rule, I despise haunted houses. But for some reason or another this weekend, whether it was the company, an increase in maturity level, the smart comments I attempted to make back at the scarers, or some other unknown factor, I actually had a good time. And I feel great about it.

And that is all. Have a great week!



3 comments:

Stefanie Elyse said...

That picture is hilarious :) I think it helps to know Jen. And, you actually liked a haunted house? I don't believe it.

Sara Giles said...

I LOVE this. I think Mom wins the prize for the best big thing yet!! (and you and Brian did a great job of tying in the whole costume)

mb said...

Ahhhhhhhh. oH.My.Gosh. That is the best thing ever. Your mom is so funny