Thursday, February 25, 2010

Magic

Who needs school when you've got this?
Australian Torah Bright (who also happens to be LDS) winning gold in the women's halfpipe.
As if that weren't enough, Americans won both silver and bronze.

Evan Lysacek (who happens to be from Naperville--we're practically neighbors) winning gold and watching Plushenko trying but failing miserably to look happy.

Shaun White. There's really nothing to say but,um, wow.

Sven Kramer (Norwegian speed skating superstar) being told my his coach to switch lanes and being disqualified because of it. I hope they can still be friends.

Lindsey Vonn's disappointing and very painful looking crash on the giant slalom yesterday (not to mention the crazy fog they were attempting to ski in).

Canada's Joannie Rochette skating two days after her mom died suddenly of a heart attack and getting a personal best--enough to put her in third place. Talk about a tear-jerker.

So are the Olympics entertaining? Inspirational? Emotional? Magical? Yes, yes, yes and heck yes. So why study when pure magic is being shown on NBC from 8pm-midnight every night of the week? Luckily, it's a slow school week and I don't think the Olympics will negatively impact my GPA. Bring on the magic!

4 comments:

mb said...

seriously. I definitely cried a bit when joannie skated...especially at the end.

Jennifer said...

You crack me up. :) Apparently I've missed a lot of magic while I was sleeping...

World of Wife Craft said...

I know. I can't help myself. I have to make sure I am done doing what I am suppose to do before I turn the T.V. on or I get NOTHING done. I love them all and I am so close to the magic it's sad I can't get over there.

Jackie said...

By the way, I am from Naperville, so apparently Evan and I are REALLY neighbors! Actually he went to high school with my sister, he was a grade younger, but she knew of him, and his sister's locker was by my sister's locker! Woa! What is that, like 2 degrees of separation?