Monday, December 7, 2009

Yep, it's still swollen...

Before I get into the most recent news, I just have to include this picture.

This one's for you Mom. :) Shooting this gun was a blast.

In other news...my ankle is still swollen! Very swollen. And now--very purple.
In this first one, notice how the swelling extends all the way into my toes. I wish I'd gotten a picture of it the first night. Talk about huge. But, this is still pretty convincing.

And here is the purple I was talking about. And this is only from one angle. The bruising goes all the way up to my toes on the top of my foot and it is also on the other side of my ankle. It is a lot of bruising but really no more than you see in any ankle sprain. I've just never seen one on my own foot before so I'm a little stoked about it.

I guess I should also note that it may look worse but it's feeling tons better. After one day of a few skipped classes...I was back to almost a normal gait. Emphasis on almost... And just a general note--yes our carpet is pink. And it is providing the backdrop to all these pictures. It's a little much but we try to love it.

In more uplifting news, we got a Christmas tree! A real one!!
Here's a picture of us at the lot picking it up on Saturday night.

Sunday after the first presidency Christmas devotional, we put on some music, invited some friends over, and decorated the tree! It was so great. Thanks to Marie's parents for the ornaments and lights.
Just getting the ornaments ready for the tree.

Megan made these very delicious and beautiful brownies.

And here's our forest of Christmas trees! The big one is our real tree, the medium one is courtesy of Marie, and that little baby one I'm proud to say is mine--thanks Mom. :)

So Christmas--come and get us! We are ready!

2 comments:

Megan said...

haha our posts really are very similar. some times word for word. we spend way to much time together.

Suzanne said...

From one person who spends a lot of time looking at bruised ankles (me, at my own) to another (you, at other people's), man, Ali, your's is pretty. And I love your apartment decorations. Is that Kat's fan on the top of the biggest?