Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Living in a Vacation

I love going on vacations as well as the next person but I've never really had any desire to live in a vacation spot. Maybe that doesn't make sense. I mean, if a vacation is awesome for one week why wouldn't it be even more awesome year round? This summer, I'm getting a glimpse at what it's like to live and work in everybody else's vacation. And it's not bad. Who doesn't love Moab? But at the same time, I would be lying if I told you watching families and adorable old couples and people from Germany who can't speak English come into the MAC day in and day out didn't make me just a little depressed. Everyone I see is on vacation. And what am I doing? I'm working. Sure, it might be a cool job, but I'm not on vacation.

So this post really has no purpose. It's just me justifying my feeling of not wanting to live in a vacation spot. Besides, if you live in a vacation where do you go when you want to go on vacation? Think about that one...

2 comments:

mb said...

One of the worst things about living in nyc is the tourists. I don't mind them except for the fact that they crowd the sidewalks and take pictures and stop randomly and you almost bump into them while walking...it's thrilling.

but then it's a little different than moab I think........

Barb said...

I have to agree with MB, it depends on the vacation spot. Like Hawaii would be awesome.