Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tehas!


This post is a little late but I got to spend Easter weekend with my parents and my sister and her family in Austin, TX! It was so great! The weekend also happened to coincide with Hailey's first birthday! I know what you guys are thinking, "Man, Ali hasn't talked about that darling niece of hers in ages!" Well never fear faithful readers, your wait is over!

Hailey is just about the cutest one year old this planet has ever seen. I got to ride in the back of the car with her everywhere we went and she would wave and say "hi" to all the trees. She also says "yeah" all the time and it's just awesome. I think she might have even liked me by the time I left. :)

Anyway, here are some pictures from the weekend.

This is my sister and Hailey opening one of Hailey's birthday presents. It's funny the things we do for one year old's on their birthdays. Like wrap presents. I mean, do they even know? But let's be honest, it made it fun. :)

One day we drove the two hours to San Antonio and enjoyed the beautiful river walk there. It was beautiful and a really good time.

This is Hailey in her Easter Sunday outfit. There are just no words for this cuteness.

Here's my mom and I at the Alamo. Remember it.

In San Antonio, we found a souvenir shop with some coon hats, fake rifles and a life size cardboard cutout of John Wayne. Naturally, the following pictures ensued.



And that was my trip to Texas! It was hot and humid and...awesome!
Yes I know, I make genius statements.

4 comments:

Stefanie Hathaway said...

ali and marie at the alamo. Priceless. I made your moms corn salsa for a cinco de mayo party tonight. I labeled it "Maria's corn Salsa" after your mom- mexican style :) Glad you had fun!

Sara Giles said...

It was so fun to have you here. Come back anytime!!

Heidi said...

Oh my, this is brilliant. Bahaha... "Remember it." Perfect. Annnnnnd, I think your niece is ADORABLE! Perhaps she should meet my nephew who is only about a month and a half older and likewise adorable (at least in my opinion). They should get married some day. :)

Barb said...

I'm so glad you got to have such a fun celebration. Hailey is so big, I can't believe it! When we visited Texas, I was surprised at how small the Alamo was.