Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summertime






Ok. So I don't even know where to start. I feel like about a million things have happened/are happening that I feel I need to report on. But for brevity's sake, let's go for a bulleted list.
  • I spent the 4th of July in Chicago with my entire family. It was amazing. Sorry, no pictures from this. My sister has these and turns out I haven't really seen her in a while.
  • I ran a half marathon the week after Ragnar which actually was really enjoyable, and then I ran a 5k mud run. The result of all this running--my body hurts all the time.
  • My friend Maddie and I made the best smores I've ever had. Picture this: fudge stripe cookie, mallow, reese's cup, mallow, another fudge stripe cookie. Yes, it's possible. And yes it's delicious.
  • She's back!! Megan Robinson, that is, from her year and a half of serving the Lord in Lubbock, TX. Lee and Ben and I just got back from a surprise visit to her home in Seattle. It was fantastic. She is fantastic.
And...for some reason, blogger hates me right now and the pictures are all weirdly organized, and I just don't have the brainpower to fix it right now. So, use your imagination. I think it's fairly obvious which pictures go with what events. The canoeing and the eating on the curb both happened in Seattle.

4 comments:

Stefanie Hathaway said...

so glad you are learning to love seattle! how come i am never there when you go. Lame. Welcome home megan!

Sara Giles said...

That smore looks DELICIOUS

Heidi said...

Hey, Lubbock was my home mission! And that s'more makes me darn hungry.

Shelley said...

Hi Ali,
Happy Birthday To You!

When will you be back for a visit? Gurnee must be awfully boring for you...:-)though you did miss quite a storm last week....

Shelley Cummings