Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekends

I guess I should apologize to all of you, my dear blog readers. My blogging is sporadic. It just is. I don't often get time to blog, so when I do, I grab it by the horns and post like crazy. I realize this isn't ideal but it's the best I can do. And hey, I figure the important part is that the information is getting out there. So....that having been said, let me catch you up for the last couple of weeks that I haven't blogged. :)

Basically, I live for the weekends. Well...kind of. Weekends are great but still short and busy. A couple weekends ago, I got to go wakebaording!!! And yes, it was amazing. And freezing. Brian called me on Friday informing me that one of his engineering friends was going out on his girlfriend's boat and invited Brian and I because he knows how obsessed with boating we are. He also knows Russell (they all have engineering classes together) so the three of us drove up to Jordanelle on Saturday morning, in the 65 degree weather wondering how on earth we would ever be able to get into the water. But sure enough, once Brian and I saw the wakeboard, a functioning boat and a wake, it was into the water. Don't get me wrong--it was freezing. Everytime I crashed my breath with catch in my chest. And those poor skinny engineers each shook for about 15 minutes after getting back into the boat. It was crazy.
Sad story: Brian somehow ended up being a 7th wheel. He didn't know what to do so we decided that he should hug the ski, his first true love.

That very night, Kirby, Megan, Russell and I decided to go find a supposed bonfire up the canyon. We got there and...no bonfire. We found out later that I guess it really was there but we couldn't find it. Russell just ended up scaring us the entire time. A dark canyon, four people, nobody else... Anyway, it ended up being pretty fun surprisingly. Especially since we didn't actually do anything.



We rode the jeep up to the canyon that night. Which was a good time, but cold and windy. For all of you who requested it, here is a picture of Russell and I. I know, it's another bad one.

2 comments:

Ashley Shae said...

Ali,
I'm so jealous you went wakeboarding! I went in Bear Lake in the late spring/early summer and thought that I was going to freeze, so I bet you were frozen. Oh, and I totally lost my voice cause I already had a cold and it just amplified it. It was bad. But totally worth it. Well I quess I will see you in a couple of weeks at the reunion right?!

Russell said...

Sorry about ruining that picture (the one where I am smiling and everyone is "acting" scared). I need some of these photos!