Wednesday, July 28, 2010

If it ain't broke, I don't own it

Well hello there. I've had some great things to blog about recently but I think when I explain my life as of late, you will realize why I haven't posted anything. Ready for the list of things that have recently BROKEN in my life? Here you go:
  • my driver car door (don't worry, I figured out this one)
  • my watch (I also figured this one out)
  • my camera battery charger
  • my computer
Yep, you read that right--my computer. One day, my computer screen decided to no longer illuminate. It was fantastic. Upon further evaluation, a local computer repair man declared my motherboard to have a short in it. Don't worry, it only costs about $300 to replace. For a computer that is three years old and has no battery life? Not worth it. So, a moment of silence for my computer please.

Alright, now that we're all teary-eyed I'll tell you the good news. Moab has an awesome library and I was able to get some pictures off of my camera card today. So I can share some fabulous photos with you. I know--I've made your day. You. Are. Welcome.


A couple weekends ago, Jenny and Ben came down to visit.
It was fun to have them down here. Here's some of the things we did:

We went bouldering. None of us had ever really been
before so here's Jenny trying her hand at it.
We went up into the La Sal mountains to attempt to do some climbing where it wasn't 115 degrees. Well, we got a little lost. And ended up walking about a half mile through an ice cold creek (with a very strong current I might add) and straight up things that looked like this:

And here's our victory picture. You can't really see, but behind us
is a canyon that looks like it has some climb-able walls but...we sure couldn't get to them.
Since our climbing venture failed, and we were up there anyway, we decided to check out Oowah Lake. It was beautiful. We skipped rocks on the lake until we couldn't handle the bugs anymore.
Apparently the rock I set the camera on wasn't exactly level. My bad.

A few weeks ago, a few of us went out to a place called Honeycomb Caves. It was a cool place. We just explored and climbed around in the caves for awhile. And I snapped this picture which, being the photographer that I am not, I thought was pretty cool.

Jen came down for my day of birth! It was lots of fun. These pictures
are out of order but...we got some snow cones because it was so blasted hot.

We ate lots of food (this happens to be a picture of my free
grand slam breakfast at Denny's on my birthday).

We went to Canyonlands National Park.
Again--unbearably hot. But fantastic views.

And we stayed at the slightly ghetto Motel 6.
And we may or may not have jumped on the bed...

And other than that, I'm either at work trying not to kill tourists, at the trailers trying not to melt away, or at the library attempting to understand biochemistry. Yep, I'm a busy girl.

5 comments:

Barb said...

What a bummer about your computer (and everything else!) I'm glad that Jen went down for your bday- how fun!

World of Wife Craft said...

I loved the post and I can't wait to see you soon.

Jennifer said...

So sad about your computer! At least you won't have to drive back to Moab to pick it up from the repairman. :) And Bryan said his parents would love it if you went to their house and used their spare computer. Ha. :)

mb said...

I like the way your birthday looks. No better way to celebrate turning 22 than by jumping on the bed. Yep. perfect.

we should hang out. or something.

Jennifer George said...

Ali!!! I am looking at your blog for the first time! And boy am I glad. It's wonderful! I'm honored that I have made it on here. I'm sorry about your recent misfortunes.... What a nightmare. This too shall pass. But I can't wait to see your face soon. I'm so freakin excited!!!