Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall

I spent this last weekend hanging out with my pal, Jen (aka--my sister). On Friday night we drove up to the outlets in Park City. I'd been dying to go there forever and even though Jen has been there several times recently, she still took me. What a sacrifice... :)

We spent quite a while trying to get the perfect picture but...
turns out a car is a really bad place to try to take a picture off of, and
I accidentally ruined every one just by being in it. So this is unfortunately the best we have.
I finally got aviators. Which I'm pretty sure I've been meaning
to do for years now. Hopefully they're still cool. But I guess I make them
look pretty good. So, it's a win-win either way really.

Saturday night was when the real party started. Jen invited me over once again to have dinner in a pumpkin. You really carve out a pumpkin, mix up some meat and rice and stuff, and then throw it in the pumpkin and put the whole thing in the oven. It was delicious. But it took a while. So in the interim, we made caramel apples. Naturally.

Just excited to be there. And so naive.

Jen holding dinner. Well done!

Ok, so Jen and I have never made caramel apples before. No one warned us that it is a very involved science. So, we started the night off by making some really ugly ones.

And, we ended the night with some slightly less ugly ones that were
exciting at the moment, but by morning looked just as bad as the first batch.

BUT--we had a great time. And maybe learned some things not to do next time. If we are ever brave enough to try again. And also, I do realize that I am sporting the button-up shirt/sweater look in all of these pictures. I just wanted to be positive that when you think to yourself, 'who do I know that wears more button-up shirt/sweater combos than I've ever seen?' there's zero hesitation before my name comes to mind.

Happy Fall!

4 comments:

Sara Giles said...

You're looking so stylish in those sunglasses! love 'em

mb said...

you are funny. let's hang out.

Brian said...

I would have NEVER noticed the sweater/button-up shirt combo thing if you hadn't mentioned it. Lookin' good. And just thought I'd let you know that the word verification for this post is "chiphob." I'm not sure what it means but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to come up with a definition and start using that word at least daily. See ya!

Emily Jones said...

Alison. Brian talks about you ALL the time and said that I have to read your blog because you are hilarious....and I think he also included super musical, athletic, cute, and fun. So, I've spent the morning reading your blog (and all the Spencer blogs that I'm aware of) and I'm pretty sure he is right. It seems like your life is one huge adventure. I was thinking maybe you should make your next adventure a trip out to Virginia. Lizzie (my daughter) would gladly take you to the safari park where you too could pet the park staff. How could you pass up an offer like that?
Well, hope to meet you someday soon. In the meantime, thanks for the fun read.