Friday, October 29, 2010

Identity Crisis

I got on my blog the other day and I realized that I really didn't like the way it looked. I liked the book background thing I had going on but it just wasn't looking good. So...I've got this up and...it's alright I guess. I don't know. I'm not sold yet. If you have any suggestions, or want to come on over and design my blog yourself, I'd be more than happy to let you do that. I'm not exactly what you'd call the creative type.

The biggest news of the week--it's Friday, and I'm alive!! It really is a miracle. Hopefully the next few weeks will be equally as miraculous. On that note, I pretty much have no time to be blogging right now so let's get right to it.

On Tuesday night, some friends and I went to an Ingrid Michaelson concert in Salt Lake. We got up there at about 7 and waited in a line four blocks long, in the snow, for about two hours. Definitely a great way to start the night. By the time we got in there, the viewing options for someone just over 5 feet tall (yours truly) were pretty limited. My roommate and I finally found some decent standing room over by the bar. I learned something that night. Smelling alcohol for long periods of time gives me a headache. Good thing those drinking days of mine are behind me.

At one point, the snow was pelting horizontally. That was neat.

The four of us waiting in line (Hilary, Lauren, Jenny, me).

Using my scarf as an umbrella. More effective than you might think.

When we walked out of the building at about 11pm, I was astonished to find a solid two inches of snow on the ground. And there was no sign of it stopping. Well, I don't know why after living in Utah for almost 5 years I haven't learned to keep my snowscraper close at hand starting in September, but after I used my hand to clear the car of snow we were good to go. Until we got on 215 (the freeway). The clincher was when, as I was going 25 down the one lane that had been carved out of the snow, the SUV in front of me somehow spun out across all four lanes of traffic. Luckily, there was almost no one on the road so they were fine. But, that's when we decided our life expectancy would increase dramatically if we stayed the night at Jenny's house, which we happened to be about 10 minutes away from.

So we got there at about midnight, decided we were starving and ate everything we could find (sorry Jenny's parents...) and tried to get some sleep.

Jenny let us borrow some great clothes. Which included
these Texas boxers that Hilary was only too happy to sport.

My car in the morning. I was clearly not amused. I knew there was a
reason I've been saving that Toy Story 3 coloring book in my car...
it made a stellar snow scraper.

So Ingrid? An adventure. But what's life without a little bit of that? You might not believe me, but I actually did have a good time. Ingrid is hilarious and sounds even better live than recorded. We're going up for another concert next month. So...better luck next time?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Remember how snow scrapers take up practically no space if you just leave 'em in your trunk year round? Try it. It'll change your life.

Glad you stayed in SLC. I like your company. :)

Barb said...

We love Ingrid, too! We saw her last time she was in town (at In the Venue, which is a horrible, horrible place) and she was incredible.

What concert are you seeing next? Sara Bareilles by chance?

Stefanie Hathaway said...

your blog looks nicer. It would jump from a 7 to a 9 if the top photo spread across the whole space. I do blog design on the side for $100/hour. let me know if you're interested. HA.

World of Wife Craft said...

You are great and I love you!!! That's all that needs to be said.

mb said...

wow. snow? I'm sorry.