Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Thanksgiving Push

Beginning with Halloween, we have officially entered a time that I have just at this very moment decided to refer to as the "Thanksgiving push". I've never really experienced this period of time from anything but a student's perspective so this may be a little off for the rest of the world. But I do believe that most people would agree with me. It is a well-known fact that Thanksgiving to New Years is the very best time of the year. People are happy, we get to sing Christmas songs, buy presents for people, think about Jesus, be with family, eat lots of food...all great things. And what is so great about the middle of November? It's the second round of midterms, fall is ending, leaves are falling, it's turning ugly outside and getting colder. So may I submit to you all--the Thanksgiving push. Just push through to Thanksgiving! Two weeks from today and we will all be on the brink of the best five weeks of the year. We can do it. Go fight win!

2 comments:

Abby Watson said...

I TOTALLY AGREE! I've been counting down to Thanksgiving for months. This season is the only time of the year you get 3 almost back to back paid vacation breaks. As a full-time worker, I couldn't agree with you more.

Brian said...

Brian Spencer likes this.