Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's the climb

So I have some good news and I have some bad news. Which do you want first? Since I don't really want to poll my very active and large base of fans, I will pick for you. Good news (I know, people usually want the bad news first but here's to being original): I AM DONE WITH FINALS!! I wish I could add FOREVER on the end of that but that would be untrue. Even if I was graduating this month the hope is to be accepted into a grad school where they will undoubtedly grace me with many a more final.

The other good news--I know, it's a lot of excitement to handle--Ben and I went on our first rock climbing trip of the season on Saturday. It was a-m-a-z-i-n-g. The weather was beautiful and though our skills were a little rusty, we still climbed safely and rather impressively, I think. Unfortunately this is the only (and therefore the best) picture I got of us on Saturday. Just lovin' life.

Ok, now that I've overwhelmed you with good news, are you ready for the bad news? I'm taking the GRE. On Monday. Which would be fine if I were ready. But I'm not. I think I've studied a grand total of...twenty minutes. And that was tonight when I started flipping through some math flash cards mom and dad sent me. So, I may be done with finals, but I'm not done studying. Bummer. Don't fret--I'll still have an enjoyable week. I mean, everybody needs study breaks...right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're taking the GRE?! Good luck!!

Abby Watson said...

Ali, don't worry about the GRE. You can kick its butt easily. I hated the test and didn't do well on the Math part because I was too slow. Whatever you do, pace yourself so you can at least have time to answer every question. Leaving questions blank is a death wish!!!! Yay for the GRE