Friday, March 5, 2010

A Contact Sport

So I've been blogging a lot lately huh? I suppose it's because I don't have so much to do that I'm totally swamped and don't have time for anything else in my life, but I have just enough to do that I constantly look for ways not to do it all...thus the blogging. And it's been pretty random thoughts too. So...my apologies. But today is no different.

I hereby dub racquetball a contact sport. Are you supposed to touch each other? No. Do you? Definitely. Especially if playing doubles. Like I was this morning when I got a ginormous bloody lip. I attempted to take a picture of it to post on here but...I decided I really didn't want anyone having access to that close up of a picture of me. So sorry. No picture. But, the point is--I decided this morning that we wear our "eyewear" for a reason. Had I underestimated the wingspan of my opponent even more, I could have been hit with a racquet square in the eye instead of the mouth. And that would be not good (name that movie...).

The big swollen lip is an added bonus because tomorrow I get to meet about thirty people for the first time. Nothing like a sagging lip to make a great first impression. I'm sorry that I haven't officially informed the blogging world of this but I got the offer at a crazy time. This summer, I will be working in Moab for Western River Expeditions! Talk about a dream job. I unfortunately will not be a full-time river guide but instead will spend my days selling merchandise and jeep tours to unsuspecting tourists while picking up random day river trips whenever possible. It should be awesome. So tomorrow we have a big employee meeting in Salt Lake and I get to meet all of my co-workers. With a bulge in my lip. Awesome!


So this turned out a little smaller than it looked online but if you look closely, in the midst of all of that awesomeness there's a glowing building: Moab Adventure Center. And that--is where you can find me this summer. So exciting.

No comments: