Monday, March 1, 2010

WARNING: THIS IS ME VENTING

I. am. so. angry. It is 11:15pm. Tomorrow, I am taking a final for my block class that just ended. Have a studied for it? No. Not really. Why? Well, because Aspen Ridge, my stellar management company, decided that even though they haven't required one of us since we moved in here in August, they would email us on Friday and inform us that they would be coming Tuesday (that's tomorrow) to do a cleaning check. At least they provided a very specific time frame they'd be coming over: between 9am and 5pm. Now, cleaning checks are no fun anywhere but really, they aren't always that bad. However, when they suddenly decide that an apartment that hasn't been under stringent cleaning guidelines for years needs to be completely spotless in a day's time--that's just ridiculous. Ridiculous. And we can't have cleaning checks on a Saturday? Like the rest of Provo? But on a Tuesday, the middle of the week, the middle of the semester, and it's not like you can clean a few days in advance because just the mere act of living for 24 hours will make the apartment too dirty to pass a cleaning check Aspen Ridge style. All I can say is, if I fail my test tomorrow, or get fined for "not doing my cleaning" (which I've spent the last four hours not doing...) Aspen Ridge will be hearing from me about it.

So maybe it's late, maybe I'm tired, maybe Aspen Ridge doesn't deserve all of this flack and maybe I'm just angry because the Olympics are over, but...my official statement? Cleaning checks are ridiculous. Sure, come on over, make sure we aren't living like complete pigs and that we're not breaking every appliance and piece of furniture. But besides that--does it really matter how clean my baseboards are? Or if I took a q-tip to the cracks in my bathroom counter? Not a bit.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That stinks. That's all I have to say about that. Venting justified.

Jackie said...

Are you serious? Do you have a few children that we don't know about? How can your apartment get "unclean" in 24 hours? You are college students! Not toddlers running rampant, tossing meals, pillows, papers and books about in a constant frenzy, just as soon as you have neatly returned them to their rightful place!!! Oh wait, this is supposed to be YOU venting. Sorry. Hope you passed :)