Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Did Somebody Say Free Breakfast?

Why so happy? Free breakfast.

Welcome to Things Alison Loves 101: BREAKFAST!!! Any kind of breakfast. The bigger the better obviously ( like pancakes, bacon, hash browns, French toast...), but I also love simple things like toast and cereal with a fiery passion. The only thing I can think of that I love more than breakfast, is free breakfast. And that is just what I got yesterday. My friends and I were watching the superbowl on Sunday, when up pops this Denny’s ad advertising free grand slams on Tuesday, February 3, 2009. I immediately thought that this was too good to be true. We looked it up later and not only was it too good, it was true!! So myself and two devoted friends showed up at Denny’s yesterday at 10 am to claim our free breakfast. This line greeted us upon our arrival. It was slightly discouraging but nothing I wasn’t expecting so we got in line and waited it out.

It took us a surprisingly short amount of time to get into the restaurant. I think we stood in line for about 50 minutes before getting to a table. And then, we got free grand slams. For any of you who aren’t very familiar with Denny’s, a grand slam is one of their breakfast platters that features two pancakes the size of your head, two strips of bacon, two pieces of sausage and eggs. Usually I like to substitute the eggs for hash browns (I mean, who isn’t skeptical of eggs from a restaurant?) but not surprisingly, they weren’t really down with substitutions yesterday. The whole experience was really awesome. We all splurged on drinks since the rest was free, and then left just in time to get to gymnastics practice. It worked out great. So thank you Denny’s. I don’t know what possessed you to do it, but I will never forget it.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

I looked for a Denny's to go to....but no luck out here.

mb said...

I was so sad there wasn't a denny's close by......