Thursday, February 26, 2009

More free food and off-roading

Remember how a few weeks ago, I stood in line for free breakfast at Denny's?  Well, it just so happens that Tuesday was free pancake day at iHop.  Free!  Pancakes!  Two of my favorite things.  So of course, I had to go.  I had plans to go with a couple of my athletic training buddies but that morning, I was trying to finalize contract signing so it was a little confusing (But yes, I HAVE a contract!!  More details on that in a later post when I have a good picture or two to go along with it).  But, it was my lucky day and I had plenty of time to make it to iHop.  Three free pancakes.  You just can't beat that.  I love life.  

Sorry, it's a bad picture.  I would have had the waitress snap another one, but I think I ruined her day just by asking her to take this one.  So I figured I wouldn't push my luck.  Dad, this is for you :)-- These are my friends Sam and Matt.  They are both in my program.  Sam works gymnastics with me so, I see her... a lot.

Tuesday was actually just a great day.  Do you mind if I tell you about it?  Well, I woke up and went for a run.  A great one.  And then I clocked it and found out it's farther than I thought it was, which means I've been running faster than I thought I was which is always good news.  I took a shower, put on chacos and no jacket, and went outside into the 55 degree weather.  It was sunny, with a light breeze...beautiful.  I drove to the management office, expecting bad/frustrating news about contracts.  Instead, I walked in, she looked up my application and happily announced, "You're first in line for the apartment!  Do you want to sign your contract now?"  Hallelujah!  I signed my contract, hopped in my car, rolled down the windows, blasted the music and drove to iHop.  I was greeted by two friends who were already there, a glass of
 chocolate milk, hash browns and FREE pancakes (give me a break, I hadn't eaten all day...).  We ate and then went to gymnastics which was just fine.  I came home, ate dinner that I'd been craving all day, went to institute, enjoyed the lesson, visited Jen and then went to the grocery store with Brian.  It was great.  Sorry.  That was long.

This picture didn't turn out super well either, but I thought it was pretty hysterical so I'm going to throw it in anyway.  After the gymnastics meet last Friday, one of the trainers drove the three of us student trainers home.  It was probably about 11:30.  When we started approaching my apartment, I tried to point out where to turn off into my parking lot, my friend got confused and somehow, decided to just drive through the parking lot, over the sidewalk and onto my front lawn to drop me off right by my front door.  Admittedly, not the best idea, but at the time, pretty dang funny.  And don't worry-- no grass was harmed.

No comments: