Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Hero: The Piano Man

Four times I have seen Jon Schmidt in concert. And four times, it has been life-changing. When Brian told me that Mr. Schmidt would be gracing the BYU campus I was beside myself. So, we of course got tickets and invited a whole bunch of people to share in the experience with us. I think everyone enjoyed it. We were super close (the third row) but on the right side of the stage and couldn't see his hands. For anybody who's been to a Jon Schmidt concert, you know that seeing his hands is half of the amazingness. Maybe 75%. But it was still awesome. No pictures of the man himself, but one of us enjoying ourselves in his presence.
And as a sidenote (and because I don't want to start another post because I think people will already be upset that I have once again purged five posts all at once) we had a little superbowl get together with our now married friends Zach and Emily. They were gracious enough to invite us all over. The game was alright, but it really was just fun to be with everybody. And to eat the bean dip.

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Jon Schmidt is really amazing in concert. I love seeing him play upside down and backwards.

Marcindra LaPriel said...

Ali, you certainly are cruel... what's up with the blog barrage? Regardless, I love seeing into your life and luh-hove that you have so many pictures.

Amy Collyer said...

Wow! I am a little jealous that you got to go to the concert! So cool!

Also, I saw you and Megan at the enrichment activity last night and tried waving as wildly (but reverently) as possible, but I don't think you guys saw me. In any case, I will probably see you at institute. :)

Megan said...

i look goofy in that picture. oh well. i look goofy most of the time.