Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to 4th Grade

Jen gave me some good incentive to not leave all of my finals until Friday.  Kirby, Brian, Suzanne and I all accompanied Molly and Jen to school!  A day in the 4th grade.  It was fantastic.  I would have posted this earlier but I thought I lost my camera before break.  But---I didn't!  However, it was in Jen's car these past two weeks so I didn't have pictures to go with the story.  And who wants the story without the pictures?  I mean really, do you guys even read what I write?  Thanks if you do, but know that I totally understand if all you do is look at the pictures.:)

  We arrived at the school just in time for the school-wide assembly.  Each of the grades performed a cute little Christmas song.  The fourth grade sang "I'm gettin nuttin' for Christmas" with some edited lyrics to fit their daily lives.  For some reason, I was given the privilege of playing the piano while the kiddies sang.  The performance was my second time seeing the music.  The combination of my sightreading and anxious fourth graders singing too fast made for a pretty interesting rendition.  But it was fun anyway.  
Jen turned my pages.

Let's face it; the best part of being a teacher is all the sweet presents your students give you!  Granted, most of the time these gifts are tacky statues, mugs or cheap candy.  But sometimes, just sometimes, you score and get a magnetic dry erase marker holder and eraser! Lucky dog.


Molly is a rockstar.  We all know that.  But I have never heard so many nine year olds scream so much.  They love her.  It was absolutely insane.  But hey, I'm not complaining because in being one of Molly's back up singers for the snowman song meant I got to share in a little bit of the spotlight.
This is Molly and the entire fourth grade.  I wish I had a picture of this so I could prove it to you, but while Molly sang a couple songs for the kids, I saw two girls near the back of the pack bawling.  Just bawling.  

And this is Molly literally being mobbed by fourth graders.  I was honestly slightly scared for her life.  And honest to goodness, she actually ended up on the floor and the other teachers had to pull the kids off of her.  That's why I've chosen not to be famous, it's too dangerous.

After the assembly, we had lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon helping Jen out in her room and participating in her classroom Christmas party.  Ah, to be a kid again... 

No comments: