Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Latest Encounter

In my complete disregard for news that is actually kind of exciting, I failed to mention the best part of the basketball game last Saturday.  We had a very close encounter with fame--Elder Nelson.  Yes, the apostle.  I literally almost ran into him.  And when I finally realized who it was, I stopped dead in my tracks, he was looking straight at me, and I'm pretty sure I pointed, stuttered and spluttered into nothing.  

For a better-written story, and a more complete account, please see the blog of Megan Robinson.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I think we all handled the experience like champs. Go us.

Marcindra LaPriel said...

That's pretty cool. And, I'm not going to lie, I just did a marathon reading of blog posts and I must say that I audibly laughed about the Ladies Appreciation Week...especially the party. Man, that free icecream and ranch and gone icecream and ranch...priceless.

I love your face!

Amy Collyer said...

That is a pretty inspired response. :)

Sara said...

Hey Ali! Funny story: I've been checking into your old blog for umm...well, since you got back to the States and hey, there haven't been any updates!!! And then, happy day, I got a comment from you and from the comment I linked to your "new" blog and now I'm so excited because there were updates and now I'm caught up on your life! Love your blog!