Monday, January 26, 2009

Obligatory Blogging

Dear readers,

You are about to read an obligatory blog post.  What is this you may ask?  Well, my life is great right now.  Really, no complaints.  But...bloggable?? That's debatable.  However, since I have a blog, I feel this obligation to post.  I don't know, maybe it's a good thing.  It forces me to make
things that might seem rather mundane kind of exciting.  And you better believe I've been taking my camera everywhere with me secretly thinking, "maybe something cool will happen, I can take a picture of it, and then I'll have something to blog about!"  Since you all know my basis for blogging is pictures, I have finally taken a few and have decided to give you all something new to look at.  Please, lower your expectations right now so that you won't be disappointed.  

This picture is a great example of why I really don't  have much to blog about; too much sitting around and doing...this.  I have no explanation or anything.  My only defense is that boredom and sleep deprivation drove me to it.

Last week was official "Sister Appreciation Week" in the BYU 11th ward.  The boys do their best to keep it a secret, and they do ok but 1) if you were in the ward last year...the whole thing seemed a little familiar. 2) you tend to start to wonder what's going on after a different apartment of guys shows up at your place every night wanting to sing to you and clean your kitchen.  Don't get me wrong, they're good guys but...this isn't heaven.

Anyway, to sum up the week, they fed us ladies dinner on Friday night and then did a talent show for us.  It was seriously entertaining.  And the food was good.  I took my camera, thinking if any night could wield good pictures, this would be it.  Unfortunately, I didn't really get any good ones until after the thing ended.  But, lucky for you guys, I think they are pretty hysterical. It's a series of pictures.  Here's what happened:

They gave me free ice cream!

Macsen came over to Megan and said, "Here, have this leftover ranch."  Megan got really excited. 

About two seconds later, Brian Wood came over to Megan and said,   "Hey, can I take that ranch?"  And she reluctantly gave it away.  So, before we were excited, and now, we are both without our ice cream and ranch (respectively) and...sad.
The next night, a ton of us went to the basketball game.  Thank you to Mike Barney for going ridiculously early so that we could all sit on the fifth row.  The best part of the game was that Brian Wood caught a t-shirt.  But it was a small t-shirt so he gave it to me!  And then Brad caught a t-shirt, but it was a shade shirt, so he gave it to Megan!  A free shirt each--that neither of us actually caught.
This is again at the basketball game.  And it's really not even that great of a picture, except for Jenny's face.  She's the one poking in with the goofy smile at the top of the picture.  Good times.
And this is just the boys playing a good old-fashioned game of speed Yahtzee fifteen minutes before ward prayer.  Hence--the speed Yahtzee.



And that's the latest randomness from my life.  I hope you at least enjoyed the pictures. :)


1 comment:

Russell said...

Megan and a bottle of ranch. What a gloriously funny picture.